Last Updated: 1 September 2022
WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE!
- Your access to and use of this website, as well as all related websites are operated by The TARA Clinic Pty. Ltd
WHO CANNOT USE OUR SITE
Our Services are not directed to minors, including young people under the age of 18, and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services. Any other access to the Services, including by persons aged 16 to 18 is strictly at the discretion of the TARA Clinic.
Our Services and your use of this website are restricted to persons who are residents in Australia.
PROTECTING OUR CONTENT
- Relying on Information on our Site: While The TARA Clinic uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, The TARA Clinic makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The TARA Clinic assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- Correspondence: When you register with The TARA Clinic and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from The TARA Clinic. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
- Comments: If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to The TARA Clinic, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of The TARA Clinic. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of The TARA Clinic. The TARA Clinic shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE NEED TO COLLECT
- As part of providing a therapeutic service to you, The TARA Clinic needs to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your situation, such as your name, contact information, medical history and other relevant information.
- The TARA Clinic uses commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorised access to our data and files. However, no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk. If the TARA Clinic becomes aware of a data breach, we will let you know by way of email notification as early as possible as perAustralian Psychological Society (APS) guidelines. You can read more about the requirements here.
- You can ask at any time for access your personal information kept on file, subject to exceptions in the relevant legislation.
- All personal information gathered by The TARA Clinic and therapist during the provision of the Service will remain confidential except when;
i. it is subpoenaed by a court; or
ii. failure to disclose the information would place you or another person at serious risk to life, health or safety such as:
a) if you are at risk of hurting yourself or someone else; or
b) if you indicate that a minor, elderly person or a vulnerable person is at risk of harm or neglect; or
c) if you disclose the details of criminal activity that are a serious indictable offence; or
iii. your prior approval has been obtained to
a) provide a written report to another professional or agency. e.g., a GP or a lawyer (please note that if you attend individual counselling sessions with a psychologist at The TARA Clinic Pty Ltd and intend on claiming the Medicare Mental Health Care Plan Rebate, then the psychologist is mandated to report back to your GP); or
b) discuss the material with another person, eg. a parent, employer or health provider; or
c) disclose the information in another way; or
iv. you would reasonably expect your personal information to be disclosed to another professional or agency (e.g. your GP) and disclosure of your personal information to that third party is for a purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose for which your personal information was collected; or
v. disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
- Your personal information will not be used, sold, rented, or disclosed for any other purpose.
CAN I RELY ON THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE AS ADVICE FOR ME?
- The information and any services we provide on and through this website is for general information purposes and is not personal advice. It is not a substitute for any professional or medical attention, treatment, examination, advice or diagnosis and it is not intended to provide a clinical diagnosis nor take the place of proper medical advice from a fully qualified medical practitioner. You need to consult your medical professional before using any of the information or materials contained on or accessed through our website, including commencing any of our programs, before commencing any new regimes, making alterations to your diet or medication schedule, trying any treatment, or taking any course of action that may directly or indirectly affect your health or well-being. You should also contact us, as mental health professionals, prior to signing up or using any of our Services so we may advise on the suitability of any service, program, or treatment.
- You understand and agree that some of our Services may involve health or other personal and well-being management discussions. The Services and information should not replace discussions with qualified suitable healthcare professionals where relevant to their condition and should not be used to diagnose or replace any professional treatment or management of any particular existing condition. All decisions about any treatment and management of any condition must be made with a relevant healthcare professional and you agree and acknowledge that any reliance on any information, discussions or recommendations that may arise during the sessions or programs, is done at your own risk. In engaging our Services, you agree you are at all times responsible for your own physical health and emotional well-being.
WHAT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
Programs and Sessions:
- Our Services include One-on-One sessions with a practitioner, Programs that are Do-it-Yourself self-help (‘DIY Self Help’), and also Programs where a practitioner is involved as well as online materials, and resources.
- DIY Self Help Programs: you should always consult with your own medical practitioner prior to commencing and during any DIY Self Help Program to manage your care, mental and physical health. We are not involved, nor do we follow up with you during or after you complete any DIY Self Help Program. You are undertaking any DIY Self Help Program at your own risk.
We do not offer any refunds for any of our Programs after purchase, as they are able to be accessed immediately and/or your place in the Program has been booked into the limited number of places we have available.
- One-on-One Counselling Sessions may consist of multiple Services which you purchase on a sessional basis. All fees and offerings are as displayed at the time of booking (online) or displayed on the website for each clinician. Payment is required prior to or on the day of the session and is non-refundable when the session has been attended. Please note we have a strict 48-hour cancelation policy for cancellations and rescheduling and if you request to change your appointment within this time, the full fee is payable in addition to the new session.
IMPORTANT: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
You take full responsibility and risk for making any decision based on information on our website or in using our Services. By engaging our Services, purchasing our Programs and/or relying on any information on our Site, you hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims you may have now or in the future against us and we take no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or injury that may arise from any person acting on any statement or information contained on this website and all such liabilities are expressly disclaimed.
- During your treatment with The TARA Clinic you may be provided with services via Telehealth. Where appropriate the services you receive may be provided by telephone or videoconferencing. You are responsible for the costs associated with setting up the technology needed so you can access Telehealth services. The TARA Clinic is responsible for the cost of the call to you and the cost associated with the platform used to conduct Telehealth services.
To access Telehealth consultations you will need access to a quiet, private space; and the appropriate device, i.e. smartphone, laptop, iPad, computer, with a camera, microphone and speakers; and a reliable internet connection. The privacy of any form of communication via the internet is potentially vulnerable and limited by the security of the technology used. To support the security of your personal information this practice uses Power Diary and Zoom which is compliant with the Australian standards for online security and encryption. You can read more about Power Diary's Security, Privacy and Compliance measures hereand you can read more about Zoom's Security, Privacy and Compliance measures here.
- A Telehealth consultation may be subject to limitations such as an unstable network connection which may affect the quality of the session provided. In addition, there may be some Services for which Telehealth is not appropriate or effective. Your therapist and The TARA Clinic will consider and discuss with you the appropriateness of ongoing Telehealth sessions.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Payments: all payments for any Programs or Services must be made in advance. Any other payment methods are in our sole discretion.
- Program Subscriptions: some of our Programs offer a subscription service to access the content. You are not permitted to share your content or subscription access. It is licensed to one purchaser only. The initial term of your Service Subscription will commence on the date you are charged for the Service Subscription and ongoing indefinitely. All payments are set up as monthly payments via our Biller (Stripe) for the duration and price that is shown on the checkout page.
- Your Service Subscription will renew automatically each month, unless you provide written notice to The TARA Clinic of your intent not to renew the Subscription at least thirty (30) days before the end of the then-present Subscription term. Service Subscription fees for the subsequent term will be charged on the same day and schedule of the then-present Service Subscription term. You may terminate your account at any time and for any reason by sending us written notice requesting termination of your account. If your Service Subscription is cancelled for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid for the Subscription. If you cancel your account, you will be able to access the courses in The TARA Clinic's Online Learning Portal until your account renewal date. After your renewal date, you will lose access.
- The TARA Clinic also reserves the right to suspend or cancel your Service Subscription if, in The TARA Clinic's sole and absolute discretion, you are using the Service Subscription in any way contrary to, or inconsistent with, the obligations of these Terms and/or any laws and regulations. If your Service Subscription is cancelled for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid for the Subscription. No suspension or cancellation will affect your obligations to us under these Terms which by their nature are intended to survive such suspension or cancellation.
- The TARA Clinic also reserves the right to suspend or cancel your Program if, in The TARA Clinic's sole and absolute discretion, you are using the Program in any way contrary to, or inconsistent with, the intention of the program, impacting on the physical or therapeutic safety of another client, or the obligations of these Terms and/or any laws and regulations. If your Program is cancelled for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid for the Program. No suspension or cancellation will affect your obligations to us under these Terms which by their nature are intended to survive such suspension or cancellation.
- Upfront Program Payments: when you purchase the TARA Clinic's Program outright, you authorise the Biller to complete the payment outlined at the point of purchase. You may terminate your involvement in the Program at any time and for any reason by sending us written notice to [email protected] requesting termination of your account. If your Program is cancelled for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid for the Program. If you cancel your account, you will no longer be able to access the courses in The TARA Clinic's Online Learning Portal or access any of the Services associated with the Program.
- The TARA Clinic also reserves the right to suspend or cancel your access to the Program if, in The TARA Clinic's sole and absolute discretion, you are using the Program in any way contrary to, or inconsistent with, the intention of the program, impacting on the physical or therapeutic safety of another client, or the obligations of these Terms and/or any laws and regulations. If your Program is cancelled for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid for the Program. No suspension or cancellation will affect your obligations to us under these Terms which by their nature are intended to survive such suspension or cancellation.
- All online payments made to The TARA Clinic are completed via our Biller (Stripe). You can read more about Stripe's Security, Privacy and Compliance measures here. By nominating a credit or debit account, you authorise our Biller to deduct from that account all Fees and other charges you are responsible for under the Service you have purchased.
- You must keep your account details up to date and ensure there is enough money in your nominated account on the usual payment. If your payment is dishonoured, the Biller, on behalf of The TARA Clinic, will inform you via email and request that you update your details as a matter of urgency. The Biller will attempt to debit your account again 3 days after first attempt. If this is unsuccessful, the Biller will attempt to debit your account again 5 days after the first attempt. If this is unsuccessful, the Biller will attempt to debit your account again 7 days after the first attempt. If this final attempt fails, the subscription for the Service will be cancelled in the online learning portal and the product access will be automatically revoked, including any access to online webinars, groups, and/or sessions.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL OR AM LATE?
- The TARA Clinic’s cancellation policy for sessions states:
(a) Individual and Program Counselling Sessions: If you are unable to attend or wish to reschedule your appointment, a minimum of 48 hour notice is required. You will otherwise be charged for a full session if you provide less than 48 hours notice. If you are late, your session will still finish at the same time to ensure the next client is not disadvantaged.
(b) Program: We have a strict policy for any cancellations or non-attendance of 3 times (not necessarily consecutive), during any program period, which may be, in our sole discretion, considered a termination of the program. It is important to ensure you are committed to the program and attendance is fundamental to any successful outcome. No refunds will be provided and the Client will need to agree with the therapist whether they may be considered or accepted into any subsequent program.
WHAT ABOUT REFUNDS?
- We make every effort to ensure our services are provided with due care and skill, and we at all times abide by the Australian Consumer Protection legislation with respect to any refund. Notwithstanding, The TARA Clinic does not offer refunds for services we have provided, as the time and expertise of the therapists is valuable.
WE ABIDE AT ALL TIMES BY COMPETITION AND CONSUMER ACT
- For the purposes of Schedule 2 of the Australian Consumer Law, in particular Sections 51 to 53, 64 and 64A of Part 3-2, Division 1, Subdivision A of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), our liability for any breach of a term of this agreement is limited to: the supplying of the goods or services to you again; the replacement of the goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied to you again.
- It is an essential pre-condition to you using our website that you agree and accept that thetaraclinic.com is not legally responsible for any loss or damage you might suffer related to your use of the website, whether from errors or from omissions in our documents or information, any goods or services we may offer or from any other use of the website. This includes your use or reliance on any third party content, links, comments or advertisements. Your use of, or reliance on, any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific, personal requirements. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- You must be over 18 years of age and resident in Australia to use this website and to purchase or use any of our Services. Use of this website by persons between 16 to 18 years of age is only permitted at the sole discretion of The TARA Clinic.
- The TARA Clinic has made every attempt to provide a COVID Safe space for its clients and staff to come to. As such, we request that if you are going to attend the office (Clinic) located at 7/34 Curlewis Street, Bondi Beach NSW Australia 2026:
2. All clients understand and agree to maintaining appropriate social distancing when inside the Clinic (specifically 1.5 meters distance from other people) where possible.
b) All clients understand and agree to inform your clinician PRIOR to your appointment if you are experiencing any symptoms of any respiratory illness (including though not limited to; fever, cough or runny nose or any other symptoms identified as possible COVID-19 symptoms). A Telehealth (video call) session will be provided as an alternative.
c) All clients understand and agree that if you attend your session and show even mild symptoms, you will be asked to leave immediately and required to reschedule your appointment. Fees apply.
d) All clients understand and agree to keep effective hand hygiene practices whilst attending Clinic. Hand sanitiser, soap and paper towels are provided throughout the Clinic.
3. The TARA Clinic's COVID Safe Plan includes providing automatic hand sanitiser dispensers at multiple points within the Clinic, free disposable masks if you require one and you don't have your own, multiple air purifiers in each room, space allowing for social distancing, and regular cleaning throughout the day.
WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES?
- We may, from time to time provide on the website, links to other websites, advertisements, recipes, wellness, diet and general information on those websites for your convenience. This does not necessarily imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval or arrangement between ourselves and the owners of those websites. We take no responsibility for any of the content found on the linked websites.
2. Our website may contain information or advertisements provided by third parties for which we accept no responsibility whatsoever for any information or advice provided to you directly by third parties. We are making a ‘recommendation’ only and are not providing any advice nor do we take any responsibility for any advice received in this regard.
WHAT ABOUT WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES?
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we absolutely disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. We give no warranty that the documents, goods, or services will be free of errors, or that defects will be corrected, or that our website or its server is free of viruses or any other harmful components.
- Whilst we, at all times endeavour to have the most accurate, reliable and up-to-date information on our website, we do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the result of the use of any document, product, service, link or information in its website or as to their correctness, suitability, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
- Some of the above may not apply to you but you must ensure you are aware of any risk you may be taking by using this website or any products or services that may be offered through it. It is your responsibility to do so.
- We do not guarantee that any Program or Services will cure or have any particular result. Any results are up to the individual and their commitment to make a meaningful change to their well-being.
WHAT ABOUT MY PRIVACY?
- At The TARA Clinic, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to maximize the services that we provide to you. We respect the privacy and confidentiality of the information provided by you and adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles. You can read more about the AHPRA regulations for Privacy here. All clinicians and therapists at or associated with The TARA Clinic are required to meet The Australian Psychological Society APS Code of Ethics, which you can read here.
- You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email to [email protected] All information we receive from our clients is protected by our secure servers. Our secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of your data we collect is secured against unauthorized use or access. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers, rather it is stored by our Biller (Stripe).
DO YOU SELL OR SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We do not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve its website and its services but not for any other use.
WHEN DO YOU DISCLOSE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may be required, in certain circumstances, to disclose information in good faith and where we are required to do so in the following circumstances: by law or by any court; to enforce the terms of any of our customer agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our clients or third parties. See Section 5 of PERSONAL INFORMATION WE NEED TO COLLECT in the Terms and Conditions above.
COMPETITORS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE OUR SITE
- If you are in the business of creating similar documents, goods, or services for the purpose of providing them for a fee to users, whether they be business users or domestic users, then you are a competitor of thetaraclinic.com. We expressly exclude and do not permit you to use or access our website, to download any documents or information from its website or obtain any such documents or information through a third party. If you breach this term, then we will hold you fully responsible for any loss that we may sustain and further hold you accountable for all profits that you might make from such unpermitted and improper use. We reserve the right to exclude and deny any person access to our website, services, or information in our sole discretion.
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK AND RESTRICTIONS OF USE
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to The TARA Clinic Pty Ltd. This material includes, but is not limited to, the learning content, design, layout, look, appearance, trademarks and graphics. You are not permitted to reproduce the documents, information or materials on the website for the purposes of sale or the use by any third party. In particular you are not permitted to republish, upload, transmit electronically or otherwise or distribute any of the materials, documents or products that may be available for download from time to time on this website.
- We expressly reserve all copyright and trademark in all documents, information and materials on our website and we reserve the right to take action against you if you breach any of these terms.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only; and you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- These terms and conditions and any agreement you sign for our Services, represent the whole agreement between you and us concerning your use and access to our website, Services and your use and access to the documents and information on it. No other term is to be included in this agreement except where it is required to be included by any legislation of the Commonwealth or any State or Territory. All implied terms except those implied by statute and which cannot be expressly excluded are hereby expressly excluded.
EXCLUSION OF UNENFORCEABLE TERMS
- Where any clause or term above would by any applicable statute be illegal, void, or unenforceable in any State or Territory then such a clause shall not apply in that State or Territory and shall be deemed never to have been included in these terms and conditions in that State or Territory. Such a clause if legal and enforceable in any other State or Territory shall continue to be fully enforceable and part of this agreement in those other States and Territories. The deemed exclusion of any term pursuant to this paragraph shall not affect or modify the full enforceability and construction of the other clauses of these terms and conditions.
WHEN DO YOU AMEND THE TERMS?
- We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms at any time. Please check these terms regularly prior to using our website to ensure you are aware of any changes. We will endeavour to highlight any significant or substantive changes to you where possible. If you choose to use our website then we will regard that use as conclusive evidence of your agreement and acceptance that these terms govern your and our rights and obligations to each other.
WHAT LAWS AND JURISDICTION APPLY TO THE SERVICES?
- This agreement and this website are subject to the laws of New South Wales and Australia. If there is a dispute between you and The TARA Clinic that results in litigation then you must submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
MOST IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER
- The material on our Site is for general information purposes only. Whilst we have exercised due care in ensuring the accuracy of the material contained on our Site, the information is not specific to you, is not personal advice nor does it take into account your personal circumstances.
- Nothing contained in the Site is intended to be used or treated as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition nor should it be used as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice. You should not rely solely on the information contained in this website as it does not purport to be comprehensive or specific to your personal needs or requirements and all decisions about the treatment and management of any condition should be made with a healthcare professional who will consider the needs, personal medical history and circumstances of the individual.
- You should also contact us first before starting any program or service as we are professionals that can assist with understanding whether any information and type of program may be suitable for you.
- Whilst we try our best to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, or services contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. You need to make your own enquiries to determine if the information or products are appropriate for your intended use. Before relying on any information or material, you should obtain your own medical professional advice to ensure it is relevant to your particular circumstances.
- In no event do we accept liability for any loss, injury, damage, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage, death or illness, that may result of any use or reliance on the information provided on or use of the Site.
- Through our Site you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of thetaraclinic.com. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Our Services and Programs are not a substitute for medical attention, treatment, examination, advice or diagnosis from your own medical practitioner. You are responsible for consulting your own medical practitioner before commencing any new regimes, techniques, methods or alterations to your health. You take full responsibility for making the informed decision to use our Services. You hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims you may have now or in the future against us.