Last updated: 1st September, 2022
- The TARA Clinic Pty Ltd. (the “Company”) respects the privacy concerns of the users of its website, www.thetaraclinic.com and the services provided therein (the “Site”). The Company thus provides this privacy statement to explain what information is gathered during a visit to the Site and how such information may be used.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- When you visit our website or buy any of our online Programs or participate in our Services, we may obtain the following information about you: name, company name, email address, telephone number, credit card details, billing address, geographic location, IP address, survey responses, support queries, blog comments and social media handles (together ‘Personal Data’).
- We only collect the information we need in order to offer and perform our wellness counselling services (“Services”) or online Programs (“Programs”). We comply at all times with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which regulates how personal information is handled including all your health details which are considered sensitive information. We will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless required due to a medical emergency, injury, health risk, if we believe you are at risk of self-harm or similar or where mandatory reporting guidelines stipulate, and we will only do so to a qualified professional or authority who is under the same duty of confidentiality.
- By using our website and engaging our Programs and Services, you are confirming that the personal information you are providing is true and correct at the time you are providing it to us. You will notify us with any changes and keep it updated on a regular basis while you are using our Services. You can access your personal information by making a request to us at any time.
- Our services are not directed to persons under 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under 18 without parent or guardian consent.If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Data without the express written acknowledgement and consent from their parent or legal guardian, then we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are the parent or guardian of a child and you believe they have provided us with Personal Data without your consent, then please contact us via email at [email protected]
- You can review, correct, update or delete your Personal Data by contacting us in writing directly to do so. Please forward your request outlining what Personal Data you would like deleted to [email protected] and we will complete your request as soon as is practicable. Please note that mental health professionals are required by law to retain clinical data on their clients for a minimum of 7 years (and if the client engaging in treatment is a minor, mental health practitioners are required to retain clinical data till such time as the client would turn 25 years of age). If your request goes against these legal and ethical requirements, we reserve the right to deny the request.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Personally Identifiable Information:We use the information we collect to deliver our services to you, including: communicating with you, providing technical support, notifying you of updates and offers, sharing useful content, measuring customer satisfaction, diagnosing problems and providing you with a personalised website experience.
- Marketing communications are only sent to you if you have requested or subscribed to them by signing up for any of our free downloads, or by other means. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing or emailing us and your request will be actioned immediately.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information:We also use the information we collect in aggregated and anonymised forms to improve our services, including: administering our website, producing reports and analytics, advertising our products and services, identifying user demands and assisting in meeting customer needs generally.
- Any information you choose to make publicly available, such as blog comments and testimonials on our website, will be available for others to see. If you subsequently remove this information, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages on other websites or if others have copied or saved the information.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to attempt to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and improper use. We also protect your personally identifiable information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job related to our services (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- We continually review all such measures and update them when appropriate. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to us, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
- To enable us to deliver our services, we may transfer information that we collect about you, including Personal Data, across borders for storage and processing in countries other than Australia. If your Personal Data is transferred and processed outside Australia, it will only be transferred to countries that have adequate privacy protections.
- We retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- In the event there is a breach of our security and your Personal Data is compromised, we will promptly notify you in compliance with the applicable law.
COOKIES AND PIXELS
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We do not and will not sell or deal in Personal Data or any customer information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, we may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of thetaraclinic.com, our customers or third parties. We may also disclose your Personal Data we believe there is a potential for self harm or injury to yourself or others and we would only do so to a qualified professional who is under the same duty of confidentiality.
- If there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be transferred to a purchaser under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your Personal Data in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Neither we nor our website knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software.
BULLETIN BOARDS AND CHAT AREAS
- Guests of the Site are solely responsible for the content of messages they post on the Company’s forums, such as chat rooms and bulletin boards. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., username, e-mail address, phone number) on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
- The Site may provide you the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us at the point where we request information about you. You always have the option of removing your name from any e-mail list in order to discontinue any such future communications. In order to ensure immediate removal from any list, please follow the specific instructions set forth within the communications you receive from us which outline how to remove your email. If you are unsuccessful in completing the instructions specified in any such communication, please e-mail us at [email protected], including a copy of the undesired email attached to the request, and state you wish to be removed from the mailing list.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
- If you have any questions or concerns about The Tara Clinic or about this privacy statement, please contact:
Via email: [email protected]
Via regular mail:
The TARA Clinic Pty Ltd
7/34 Curlewis Street,
Bondi Beach NSW Australia 2026
- Information provided by you via general e-mail inquiries to the Company such as your e-mail address is used only to respond to your inquiries in the ordinary course of business and is never shared with third parties.
- Our Services are not a substitute for medical attention, treatment, examination, advice or diagnosis from your own medical practitioner. You are responsible for consulting your own medical practitioner before commencing any new regimes, techniques, methods or alterations to your health. You take full responsibility for making the informed decision to use our Services. You hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims you may have now or in the future against us.